1. How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
We collect personal information for more efficient operation and to provide you with the best usage experience. Our channels for collecting personal information include: (1) information directly provided by you to us; (2) we obtain relevant information during your use of our products; and/or (3) we obtain personal information about you from third parties.
The information we collect depends on the actual products (or services) of us you are using, the environment in which you interact with us, the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. Our products and functions include core businesses and value-added businesses. In collecting information, you are not necessarily required to provide us with your personal information. For core businesses, if you choose not to provide it, we may be unable to provide you with relevant products and respond to or solve any problems with which you are confronted. For value-added businesses, you may decide whether or not you permit us to collect your information. If you refuse to do so, it may cause relevant value-added businesses to be unavailable, but which will not compromise your use of our core businesses.
It is worth noting that we usually treat the shipping area recorded on the mobile phone packaging box as the actual place where the phone is used, and comply with local laws and regulations, including those related to data protection.
1. Personal information that we collect
(1) Information directly provided by you to us
Some services we offer require that you submit information to us directly. For example:
a. You are asked to complete your personal information when you are filling out the warranty card/E-warranty card (hereinafter referred to as warranty card"). In these services, we may ask you to provide your mobile phone number, device identification code, model, etc.
b. If you order products, apply for a return or refund, or use paid services from us, we may collect your delivery details, bank account number, credit card details, billing address, information for credit check and other financial information, contact and communication records, etc., in order to process your order. You may not be able to order products, apply for return or refund or use paid services from us if you do not provide such information.
c.Some of our services allow you to communicate and share content with other people. As required by the technology adopted in these services, such communications and shared content may be transmitted through our system and be stored in the system.
d.Face Recognition and Fingerprint Unlock enables rapid unlocking of your device with your pre-recorded facial or fingerprint information. To this end, you will need to provide your facial feature information from different angles or your fingerprint information.
e.When you use voice command control service or other voice services, we record your voice and may store it on our servers.
f.When providing after-sales service and customer support for you, we may ask you to provide and collect your personal information, such as IMEI and other device information, your name, mobile phone number, email address, address, etc., and we may record the call between you and our customer service.
g.We may ask you to provide and collect your personal information under other circumstances, such as when you participate in lotteries or competitions, participate in promotional or marketing activities organized by us or business partners, fill out questionnaires, or participate in user forums or blogs sponsored by us or business partners.
(2)We obtain relevant information during your use of our products
When you are using Voltmi products or services, we will collect you device information and the information on your interaction with Voltmi products or services, including:
a.Device Information - Such as device name, model, region and language settings, device identification code, device hardware information and status, use habits, IP address, Mac address, operating system version, and the configuration of the device used to access the services.
b.Log Information - Such as when and how long the service is used, search terms entered through the service, and information about device and software events (such as reboot, upgrade, error, and crash). The Android system is designed in such a way that your error or crash events will include the overall information when the events occur. Such information will only be used for error log analysis, but not for individual identification or any other purposes. We also clear the logs we collect on a regular basis.
c.Location Information - Such as the GPS signal of the device or information related to the nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers, device location ID, and ID of the network service provider. We will ask you which applications you want to enable location-based services for. You can modify the location settings of your device from the device settings to change the location information you provide to Voltmi; for example, you can change or disable the methods and servers used by location-based services, or modify the accuracy of location information.
d.Album Information - Such as, to provide you with the function to display photo locations as well as to classify your photos and videos, we need to collect the latitude and longitude information of your photo and video files; when you search for certain photos, we will collect the terms you entered and the number of photos identified locally.
e.Camera -To ensure that the camera app works normally, we collect the operational data (e.g., how many times you use the app), information about your device, parameter information about the photos taken (like photosensitivity and number of faces captured), and the information of available space left in your phone.
f.Other information related to your use of the services, such as the application version being used, the websites you have visited, and how you interact with the content provided by the services.
Please note that we may work with third-party service providers to implement the service functions mentioned above. For example, we may engage a third-party service provider to provide voice to text conversion services on our behalf. Hence, the provider may receive and store certain personal information. Such third parties will not use this information for any other purposes.
(3)Information obtained from third parties
Based on the characteristics of some Voltmi products or services, to the extent permitted by law, we may obtain your data from public or commercial sources, and may combine that information with other information received or related to you. If you choose to sign in and use our services via an account (HeyTap, QQ, WeChat, Alipay, Weibo, Facebook, etc.) of our affiliates or partners, we may obtain your information, such as your username and avatar, from these services.
2. How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
To process orders. We will use the data to process orders and for the related after-sales services, including customer support, order delivery, invoice printing, etc.
To provide notification and push services. We may use your data to provide you with Voltmi content push or notification services, including update and installation of operation system or apps, sales and promotion information.
To provide location-based services: We or third parties will use location information to provide you with more targeted services to offer the best possible user experience, such as weather information, geographically targeted Voltmi message push service, and the automatic time proofreading function.
To improve products and user experience: We will use the mobile phone number we acquire through off-line sales channels or electronic order forms for a research into or a return visit to users. We use information about errors or crash events to conduct error log analysis. After you join the User Experience Program, we will collect information about your device, operational behavior, location, log and more for statistical analysis in order to improve the user experience and performance of the product.
To provide customer support. We use data to troubleshoot product problems, repair customers' devices, and provide other customer care and support services. The unique identification code of your mobile device may be used to activate your warranty service and particular software license. We may also collect your email address to respond to the questions or comments that you post in the "Contact Us" section of our website.
To provide you with personalized services. We may use your personal information for user profiles and behaviors analysis, in order to display for and push you the information, commodities or services that are more suitable for you, or to improve protection and security. For example, we will provide the records regarding your downloading and un-installing of apps to the App Market in order to recommend you products that you may be interested in. At the same time, we may combine your personal information we have collected in our various services to provide you with a more optimized product and service experience overall.
Analysis, audit and prevention of fraud. We may use the data you provide to verify your identity, analyze business efficiency, review transactions and prevent fraud. We only use statistical data. The use of such data will not be linked to you personally.
To carry out commercial promotion activities: If you participate in lucky draws, competitions or other similar promotion activities held by Voltmi, we will use the personal information that you provide for the management of such activities.
Provide other Voltmi services. When you use some Voltmiservices, we may use your data to perform the functions of the services. For example, in the Breeno Feed service, we can read your contact information, calendar information and provide you with smart recommendations, one-click direct access and other functions after obtaining your consent.
What are cookies?
The cookies we use
Many web browsers have the Do Not Track feature. This sends "Do Not Track" requests to websites. If your browser has Do Not Track turned on, all of our sites will respect this preference.
Like most sites, we automatically collect certain information to analyze cumulative trends and manage our sites. This information may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), reference/exit page, files you view on our sites (such as HTML pages and graphics), operating system, date/time stamps, and/or clickstream data.
Cookies and Cookie Preferences shall only be managed from the Options/Preferences panel of your browser. Below are guides for managing Cookies in some popular browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Safari for macOS
Safari for iOS
More information about cookies
For more information about cookies and instructions on how to configure your browser to accept, delete or disable cookies, see
3. How We Retain Your Personal Information
If we stop operating some or all of our products or services for special reasons, we will promptly inform you and stop the collection and processing of personal information by the related products or services, and we will delete or anonymize the personal information we hold that is related to the said products or services, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
4. How We Disclose Your Personal Information
In some cases, we will entrust a third party to process your personal information on our behalf. For example, companies that send text messages or emails and provide technical support on behalf of us. These companies can use your personal information solely to provide services to you on our behalf.
Voltmi may, from time to time, share some personal information with its associated companies and the strategic partners that work with it to provide products and services, in order to provide the products or services you request. Your personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing or commercial purposes.
We will require the above-mentioned third parties to take appropriate confidentiality and security measures to process personal information through agreements or other appropriate means.
We will publicly disclose your personal information ONLY in the following situations:
After obtaining your explicit consent; or
Legal disclosure: Should we be legally required to comply with subpoenas or other legal procedures, litigations, or mandatory requirements of government authorities, we may disclose your personal information if we sincerely believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your or other's safety, investigate fraud or respond to government requests.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Information
1.We have taken reasonable and feasible technical security and organizational measures to protect the information collected for the services. However, please note that while we have taken reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is absolutely secure.
2.We have adopted security measures that are in line with industry standards to protect the personal information you provide, and to prevent unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss of the data. We will take all reasonable and practical steps to protect your personal information, including:
(1) We will use SSL and other technical means to encrypt many of our services. We will regularly examine our practice of information collection, storage, and processing (including physical security measures) to prevent unauthorized system access.
(2) We will only allow Voltmi employees to access your personal information on a need-to-know basis in order to help us process such information, and personnel of companies authorized to handle the services on our behalf can also access such personal information also on a need-to-know basis. These employees and external personnel (of companies authorized by Voltmi) need to fulfill strict contractual confidentiality obligations. Should they fail to fulfill these obligations, they may be held accountable for legal liabilities or their relationship with Voltmi may be terminated.
(3) The security of your information is of great importance to us. Therefore, we will continue our efforts to protect your personal information and implement safeguard measures, such as providing full encryption for information storage and transmission, to prevent your information from unauthorized access, usage or disclosure. For certain specific contents of encrypted data, no one but the user has the right to access them.
(4)We will adopt encryption and other security measures to transmit and store your personal information of particular types; and we will use technical measures to process your personal biometric information before storing it, e.g., we will only store the essential components of such personal biometric information.
(5) We will prudently select business partners and service providers, and implement the requirements for personal information protection to the business contracts or audits and assessments between both parties.
(6) We will conduct security and privacy protection training courses, testing and publicity activities to enhance employees' awareness of the importance of protecting personal information.
(7) We will use international and industry-recognized standards to protect your personal information and actively pass relevant security and privacy protection certifications.
3. In the event of a personal information security incident, we will, in accordance with the requirements of relevant laws and regulations, promptly inform you of the following: the basic situation and possible impact of the security incident, disposal measures we have taken or will take, suggestions for your self-protection and risk mitigation, remedies for you, etc. We will timely inform you of the relevant situation of the event by email, letter, telephone, or push notification. When it is difficult to inform the personal information subjects individually, we will issue an announcement in a reasonable and effective manner. Meanwhile, we will also actively report the handling of the personal information security incident in accordance with the requirements of the regulatory authorities.
6. Your Rights to Your Personal Information
VOLTMI RESPECTS YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Below is a list of your legal rights as well as the measures that we take to protect these rights. Please note that, due to security reasons, we may verify your identity before processing your request. In principle, we do not charge any fees if your request is reasonable. However, based on the actual situation, we may impose a certain fee to cover our costs for repeated requests or requests that extend beyond reasonable limits. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), may be detrimental to the legal rights and interests of others, or are very impractical. In addition, we may not be able to respond to your request if your request is directly related to matters involving national security, national defense, public health, criminal investigation and other public interests, or if the request may severely impair the legitimate rights and interests of yours or those of other individuals and organizations.
2. Right to access: You may directly search or access your personal information in the interface for our products or services. For instance, you may, at any time, log into your account to browse the historical orders placed by you in our official mall. If you are unable to search or access your personal information on your own, or if you encounter any problems while exercising your right to data access, you can request access by contacting our email@example.com.
3. Right to correct: If you find that the personal information we processed about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have us rectify or amend it. For parts of your personal information, you can directly correct and modify it on the relevant function page of the product or service. For personal information that has not been made available for your modification, you can request correction or supplementation by contacting our firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process the corresponding personal information. But your decision to withdraw your consent will not affect the processing of personal information based on your previous consent prior to the withdrawal. You may change the scope within which we are authorized by you to continue to collect personal information or withdraw your authorization by such action as deleting information or disabling device functions.
6. Right to complain: You have the right to file service complaints by contacting online customer service at 4001666888. We will respond within 15 days from the date of receipt of your complaint. If you are dissatisfied with our response, especially if our handling of personal information damages your legal rights, you can also file a complaint or report to the regulatory authorities such as cyberspace administration department, public security organ, administration for market regulation, or file a lawsuit in a court with jurisdiction.
7 How We Process Personal Information of Children
1. Our products, websites and services are mainly for adults. Children (we regard anyone who is under the age of 14 as a child) may not use our products without the consent of their parents or guardians. For personal information of the children collected with their parents' consent, we will only disclose this information to the extent permitted by law, or with the expressed consent of the parents or guardians, or when it is necessary to do so in order to protect the children concerned.
2. If we discover that we have collected the personal information of a child without having obtained an expressed and verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to delete the relevant data as soon as possible.
8. Third-Party Service Providers and Their Services
1. Voltmi websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. You can choose whether to visit or accept websites, products, and services offered by third parties. For example, the "follow us" feature on our official website will guide you to our official social media accounts, where you can find marketing or promotional information posted by Voltmi.
2. We have no control over third-party privacy and data protection policies as such third parties are not bound by this Policy. Before you submit personal information to third parties, please read and understand their privacy protection policies.
9. How Your Personal Information Is Transferred Globally
As a globally operating company, we provide our products or services through resources and servers around the world. We have established data centers in China, France, Singapore, India and Indonesia, which means, in compliance with local laws and regulations and with your authorization, your personal information may be transferred to, or accessed from, the jurisdictions outside the country/region in which you use the product or service.
The products and services of Voltmi referenced herein are subject to changes based on the phone models and system versions you use or the requirements of local laws and regulations. You shall rely on the products and services used in your phone and system as the final products and services.